Thursday, January 31, 2008

Where did January go?

Gosh, I am in complete shock! Where did January go? Emilie was just telling me this morning, that she couldn't believe that February starts tomorrow. We have had a very fun and exciting month, that's for sure! With Mike, Bradley and I all celebrating birthdays in the month of January, that is usually where our month goes every year. This year, was so much fun. We had a surprise visit from my mom. She was here for a week. I actually knew she was coming, but we surprised the kids. I told the kids that my friend Wendy was coming, with her baby Kennedy, and so when we went to pick up my mom from the airport, they ran past my mom 2 times!!! They were looking for Wendy and Kennedy, not my mom. LOL It was tooooo funny. Wendy was actually coming the weekend after my mom left, so it was just a little white lie. They were so surprised! I told my mom that they are getting older now, and it is harder for me to keep big surprises like that from them. They love it when my mom comes to visit.

For the 2 days, in between my mom and Wendy's visits, I was sick. Bradley started getting a fever the night before Martin Luther king Jr. day, so I called and told the dance owners that Bradley might not be able to hold the banner in the parade the next day. It would just depend on how he was feeling, but he sooooo wanted to do it because my mom would be there to see us in a parade, for the first time. Then, Monday morning he woke up feeling fine, and it was me feeling sick with a fever. Instead of walking in the parade with the girls dancing (I am a team mom), I was in the truck in the parade. Bradley walked in front of the parade truck, with the banner, and I was in the truck feeling so hot and almost passing out. I was trying desperately NOT to get sick. I tried watching Emilie dance, but just had to sit still and close my eyes. It was so HORRIBLE!! Then I was sick for the next few days. Mom left Tuesday morning (Jan. 22nd) and Wendy flew into town early Friday morning (Jan.25th). I was feeling better when Wendy arrived, so I was thankful for that.

Wendy and I had a GREAT weekend. This was our "girls" weekend. We try to do it once a year, for our birthdays. Her birthday is in December, and mine in January, so instead of getting gifts for one another, we just have a girls weekend without kids. She did bring her baby this time, Kennedy is 15 months, but she is such a GOOD baby. She and I were able to do whatever we wanted, and my kids loved having another baby in the house. Emilie and Bradley are so good with little kids. It makes me happy to see them do so well around kids and babies. AND, Emilie and Bradley respected mine and Wendy's time together. I have 2 GREAT kids!!!!

For all our birthdays, we all went out to see a Cirque Du Solei show on the strip. Mystere is at the TI (Treasure Island) casino, and we all enjoyed this show, even though it was a late birthday present to all of us. We got a sitter for baby Kennedy, and Mike, Wendy, Emilie, Bradley and I all went out for some fun. Then on the way home, stopped off and had some Cold Stone ice cream. YUMMY!!!

Now it's back to the daily grind, and time to welcome February here. UGH!! I'll be a happier person after March 6th, knowing whether or not I will (or won't be) going on my trip to Israel.

2 comments:

5littlenordstroms said...

Well Becky it sounds like you are as busy as ever. I don't know how you do all you do. There is always something fun going on at your love. I love that about your family. I hope you are doing well. Keep in touch.

Rachele Funk said...

Hope you get to go! Please keep me posted!

and now February has disappeared into the time abyss!