Sunday, March 15, 2009

Karlie's phone call


Well, when the kids and I arrived home from church this afternoon, the phone rang. It was Karlie. The kids and I sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her one last time. She went on to tell us what all Grammie and Papa had done for her today. She got pink and purple balloons, and a Cinderella cake. I told her to take a bite for me. It was white cake with white frosting. She said it was delicious. She only got a couple of gifts, as nothing is going with her, to her parents' house. She is happy. Our little Karlie Larlie (mine and the kids' nickname for her) is such a happy little girl. So full of life, and she loves her Jesus!! She never forgets to pray, and when they are in a restaurant, she always tells everyone there that it's now time to pray and to bow their heads and close their eyes. Here come the tears again.....

So earlier, after singing a few other songs with her, I told my mom to have Karlie call us before it is bedtime. So, when 5pm come around here, I figured the phone would ring any moment (as 8pm Ohio time is 5pm here). It never rang. While eating dinner tonight, I told the kids that Grammie must have forgot, and that maybe Grammie and Papa were having a hard time. QUITE THE CONTRARE! So, we just got off the phone with them again. My mom dialed the phone at 6:30pm (our time), and when I answered, the first things out of Karlie's mouth were "Hi Becky Boo, I am going to the airport and getting on a plane to come and see you". I said, oh really, why? Karlie said "because I love you and I miss you". sorry, tears are streaming again.....

I was fine while I was talking with her. She talked and talked with the kids and I. We all had our own phones, so we could all talk together. Karlie said that Papa had just got finished reading from the Bible to her and Grammie. They also talked with her about how she would be going to her mommy and daddy's house for a while, and that she would come to visit with Papa and Grammie in a few weeks. She said OK. Then Karlie wanted us to sing some songs. Her new favorite Disney movie is Mary Poppins, so I sang her the medicine song. "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down .....". Then we sang the SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS song, and then we sang Animal Crackers in my Soup and On the Good Ship Lollipop, by Shirley Temple. My mom said she danced and danced in the kitchen, as we were singing to her. When the song stopped, she wanted to dance and sing more. So we sang " Oh mister sun, sun, Mr. golden sun, please shine down on me........then when we forgot the words, she was right there to tell us the next line. We also sang You are my Sunshine. I'll tell ya, that little 3 year old is smart as a whip and so full of life. She turned 3 today, and knows her ABC's with no help. She sings and sings and is so full of energy. It actually helps me to talk about her and write about how I am feeling. Yes, it may bring tears here and there, but it's those quiet moments when I think of her, that I can't control the tears.

Please pray for my parents. PLEASE. Please pray for Karlie's safety, while she is in her parents' care. For those of you who know about this, you'll know the deep heartache that is going on right now. Please just pray. We need the Lord to watch over Karlie and keep her safe. We need the Lord to help comfort my parents, when they go home tomorrow night, without her. Please dear Lord, comfort them.

The next time my parents will see little miss Karlie, will be at Easter. They get her for 4 days, and that will be the highlight of my parents' month, is to get her for Easter.

No comments: