I am writing this, with heavy eyes. I am very sleepy now, but figured I should write in my blog. A lot has happened in the past 3 weeks, since my last post. It seems the prayers are helping. My mom and dad are doing pretty well, with Karlie not being with them. They do have their moments, of missing her terribly and shedding a few tears, but overall, I think they are doing well and know that this is all in the Lord's hands. Karlie seems to be doing alright, while in her parents' care. My parents have talked with Karlie a few times. She wants to know when she can come visit the white house (my mom and dad's house). Karlie is missing them so much. Only 2 more days, until Karlie is back with them for a 4 day visit. What a joy that will be, when they get to hold her again. Our little Karlie Larlie.....
My mom asked her if she'd like Auntie Becky (that'd be me) to call her so we can talk and sing together. She'd keep telling my mom, "I go to airport and fly in airplane to see Becky Boo". She never answered the question about the phone call, she only wants to come see me. Karlie has her own little nicknames for us. The last time she was here visiting us, Emilie was walking down the staircase, and she said "good morning Karlie Larlie", and her response to Emilie was "good morning Emilie green bean". LOL We have no idea where that came from, but it has stuck ever since. Bradley Peanut, Mike French Fry, Kasey Bones, and Sasha Kitty Kitty are her other nicknames for us. AND, Karlie never forgets. When I was there in Ohio last May, Karlie kept saying (pointing to me) Becky Boo, Karlie Coo (pointing to herself) and Grammie too (pointing to Grammie). It's all fun and games with her. What a sweetie!
Well, last weekend (a week ago - March 27-29) we drove to southern California. Emilie and the Encore Dance team competed at Knott's Berry Farm. They won 1st place, in both their pom and hip hop routines. They did very well. After the competition, we drove down to San Diego to spend some time with Michael.
This week is spring break. The kids and I are staying around the house, and SPRING CLEANING!!!! HAHAHAhahaaaaa. Since my parents are coming for a stay, at the end of the month, I thought it would be best to stay home this week and C-L-E-A-N. Weeds have been pulled, trees have been trimmed, Bradley's been working on his clubhouse a bit (interior decorating), grass is going to be seeded, fridge cleaned inside and out, cabinets gone through- cleaned and reorganized. Big tasks, but we are having fun. We like to turn on the 80's music, and we sing and dance, while doing our jobs. The kids like to question my knowledge: when a song starts, they ask me who sings it. Most of the time I am correct, but there are those few songs that I just can't pinpoint, or just don't know the answer. Today, Rockwell sang "Somebody's Watching Me". I knew the song and sang along with it, but had NO CLUE Rockwell sang it. Who is Rockwell you might ask? Well, he is a son of Berry Gordy, Motown founder. This song was made in Hitsville, USA, with Michael Jackson and Jermain Jackson on back-up vocals. The funny thing about this was, Emilie and I said together, "it kind of sounds like Michael Jackson singing on back-up vocals", then all of a sudden it said that on the TV screen. Who would have thought we would know that. HA HA!
Ok, I think I am getting overly tired now, but for some reason have shared a little more than intended. LOL Hippity Hoppity Easter's on it's way........Love & Hugs!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment