Hello again. I see it's been a good month now, since I've posted again. Oh well. Sorry about that. We did get a new computer, and I am looking forward to just uploading pictures from my camera, into the computer directly. It worked in our ancient computer too, but it would send the pictures somewhere I wasn't familiar with. Once I get the hang of this newbie, then I am hoping to post more with pictures. Before, I was going to CVS to make a picture CD, then blogging with the CD pictures.
Tomorrow the kids start summer school. Emilie chose to take a health class, in order to free up room in her 9th grade class, for another elective. Smart kid I have! :) Then Bradley volunteered to help out in the snacks department, for a week and a half. Free food he says! LOL Honestly, I think he would have signed up, even if there weren't any benefits. That's just the great kid Bradley is.
On Friday, Bradley and I went out shopping for a new suitcase for him. He is getting ready to go to San Diego for 3 weeks, to spend with his brother Michael. Then in August, he will be going to Ohio for almost 2 weeks, to spend with my parents. On our way out of Ross Department store, Bradley held the door open for a lady that was exiting behind us. No biggie for me, that is what he always does. He is a very kind and polite person that way. (What I meant by "no biggie", was that it doesn't surprise me anymore, because he is always doing something nice).
Anyway, we were almost to our van, when this lady comes yelling at us. I thought maybe we forgot something at the counter. When she caught up to us, she just wanted to tell Bradley "THANK YOU" for being a kind young gentleman. She continued...
you don't see kids like you, and for that matter many adults these days, being kind and generous to others. Also, don't let people discourage you, because I am sure there are many people out there that wouldn't even say thank you, to your kind gestures. Continue being kind and doing good deeds, whether big or small. Then she looked at me and said what a great job I was doing as his mother, and for me to continue raising him the way I am.
Now THAT, my friends, was the cherry on the sundae. That put a big smile on my face for the rest of the day. To have a complete stranger compliment my son and I, like she did, made me feel so good. Maybe I am raising my children the right way, and even though I am going through some things myself, that what I am doing for them is what NEEDS to be done.
Love and Blessings.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Becky! I hope all is well. What a nice story about your son. Those kinds of good deeds often go unnoticed but I'm sure the praise will stick out for him so that he will continue to do those kinds of things and you are an awesome mom for sure. Keep up the good work and keep in touch. Love you, Beth
You are awesome! Your son is awesome! You should always be proud but it does feel sooooo good when others see it! :)
love you sweetie,
miss you!
e
Post a Comment