Monday, August 4, 2008

ISRAEL: Touring DAY 6 (Monday - May 12th, 2008)
















These next 15 photos are of the Via Dolorosa. This is the road that Jesus had to travel, after being beaten, then had to carry His cross on His back. We started down the Via Dolorosa, then when we came to the point where Jesus fell the 3rd time, Yuval stopped and discussed this with us. The picture where you see the gunmen and Pam (from our group) is the point where Jesus fell the 3rd time. It is here where the "traditional" route takes you left ( I am sorry I forgot which direction that was), but Yuval took us right, in the opposite direction. Yuval told us that going left was just the traditional way, but going right was the way by which the Bible tells us they walked. The Via Dolorosa wasn't at all what I thought it would be. I thought it would be a very quiet and spiritual walk, but all we saw were marketplaces. I was taking pictures all along the way, but most of them turned out blurry. I did take a picture of a woman, who obviously didn't want her picture taken. I felt bad after taking it though, because I didn't realize until afterward that she had covered her face.

No comments: