Wednesday, August 6, 2008

ISRAEL: Touring DAY 7 (Tuesday - May 13th, 2008)










ok, this is it! The last and final pictures of our trip to the Holy Land. Looking back at all these pictures and posts, really have me wanting to go back and do it all again. I have learned so much, but there is still so much more to do and see AND LEARN!!! I'd just love to go back with my children, so they can see this all first hand and learn as I have. Emilie has already shown much interest in going, and she has been the one that is excited to hear of my stories of our trip.

These pictures were taken on our last journey in Israel, on the bus. There are ones of the restaurant that we were at for about 3 hours as well. This is where we ate our final meal, as a group, and in Israel. This brings back some sad memories here. As I sat and listened to everyone telling their stories, all I could do is sit there and cry. It wasn't a sobbing cry, just tears kept streaming down my face. I could not stop them. So many things were going through my head. After eating our DELICIOUS dinner, pastor Russell had a devotional and prayer time. He went through all 38 of us in the group, and had us explain which was our best memory of our tour. Also, what did we see and learn that was different, than we thought it would be.

My best memory is of the boat ride on the Sea of Galilea. To just sit there and think about what it was like to be there in Jesus' time, sent tears running down my face. This was the first time I really felt the spirit here. Then being at the Synogogue and Peter's house in Capernaum was really amazing too. While there, we also learned about how the olive press was used. AMAZING!
The Jesus Boat tour, the Hippodrome in Caesarea, the Beit Shean city (capital of the Decapolis), being baptized in the Jordan River, swimming in the Dead Sea, visiting the Garden of Gethsemane and the Chapel of All Nations, being on top of the Mount of Olives and Mount Carmel, visiting the city of Nazareth and going out to the "cliff", learning about the Golan Heights and Jezreel Valley, Megiddo, Magdala, the Mount of Beatitudes, Caesarea Philippi, being in Jerusalem and seeing the dungeons under the house of Caiaphas and the Temple Mount and the Kenneset and Shrine of the Book Museum. Also, visiting the Via Dolorosa and Wailing Wall, Masada and the Qumran. Gosh, I think that was about it, but I am sure I missed a few things from my memory. OH, and I can't forget about the Holocaust Museum and Garden Tomb. Seeing these places in pictures is one thing, but to actually go and visit them and see them in person, is a whole other experience.

God Bless you all, and keep you safe. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, and learn of our wonderful trip. I hope seeing these photos, was as special and exciting to you, as it was for me to see my dads pictures, when he took the trip to Israel 2 years ago. I wanted to see more and more of his photos, and learn of his experiences. Now, I hope I have done the same for you. Love and God Bless!

1 comment:

Harried Mother said...

Becky - WONDERFUL!! I felt the Spirit confirm that these *were* the places Jesus walked and talked... Sure makes me want to go! Thanks for sharing!! Love, Nadine