Sunday, December 2, 2007

busy, busy - blah blah blah

Well, we now have yet another parade under our belts. LOL The kids and I drove to Boulder City yesterday afternoon to be in the Boulder City Parade of Lights. It was a busy day, starting off as our Saturdays usually do, by taking Emilie to dance class. Then, we had an hour and a half to come home and ready ourselves for another parade. It took us a good 30 minutes to drive there, then we found the other dance team members, and were lined up immediately in the parade. Shortly thereafter, it started and we were off. Bradley held the banner again, which we are now sponsored by Toyota YEAH!! Then the girls danced their hearts out to a Christmas song by the Cheatah Girls. Then us team moms and dads, walked behind the girls, wishing the crowd (a very cold crowd too I might add - it was FREEEEEZING out there) a Merry Christmas and handing out candy canes. We were on TV again, on Cox cable channel 96 here in Vegas. They focused for quite a while on Emilie and a little on Bradley and I too. EMBARASSING! (but still fun to be on TV - hehehe).

On Friday, Emilie had her Technostrings concert at the new Springs Preserve here in Vegas. The Springs Preserve has only been opened for a few months, and of course the first time we go, is when it is pouring down rain. The girls were supposed to perform outside, in a small ampitheater, but with the rain, they were forced to move their 2 thirty minute performances inside. So, Bradley and I sat there drinking hot chocolate and listening to the music. The girls did a GREAT job. I am so proud of Emilie, for learing 2 instruments and being such a great student. She is currently making all A's.

As hard as it is sometimes to be busy busy busy, I am thankful for these times, as it shows that us moms really do care for our kids. It sure is better to be busy, than to be sitting at home all the time. I am so happy that my kids get involved in sports and other activities, and aren't home watching TV and playing video games all the time. They really are great kids! I am a proud mom!

More pictures to come (maybe) tomorrow, of our Sea World trip. Errands to run and Christmas cards to finish up this week, might keep me off the computer a bit more.
HUGS!!!

No comments: