Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Eve

No special plans for the day today. I am packing for another trip to Utah. Just to be away and scrap for 5 days is always something I look forward to. The kids start school on January 7th, so they'll just go with Mike to work, while I am gone. As much as we love for them to be out of school, they seem to get bored after a few days home, and they bicker and argue over the least little thing. That's not fun for any of us!! If we have a good day today, then the kids and I will be staying up for the fireworks tonight, have our egg nog at Midnight, then they'll hit the bed. I am heading out of town on Wednesday the 2nd, EARLY MORNING, so we'll celebrate Mike's 45th tomorrow. (A little early, but he doesn't care). I won't be here on the 3rd for his birthday, so he was fine with us celebrating tomorrow. We aren't doing anything special for his or my birthdays this year, just taking the family to see Mystere, a Cirque de Solei show. I've seen it already with a friend of mine, who had comped tickets (YEAH, one perk of living here and knowing certain people LOL), and so I know it is ok for the kids to see. My friend Wendy, from Arizona, is coming in a couple of weekends, so the show is a present to all of us for our birthdays (except Emilie, who's birthday is in August).

I've been trying to clean up my office/scrapping room too, for the past few days. It's pretty sad when you have to clean and organize, just to pack for a trip. HA!! But, Mike also said he didn't purchase a certain something for me for Christmas, because I had no room in the office to put it. UH OH, does that mean he passed up on buying me a CRICKET??!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! So, with my birthday coming up really soon, I am hoping he gets me one. If not, then that's ok too, at least my office/scrap room will be tidied up (until the next time I make cards or layouts at home - LOL) Until next time, I hope 2008 will bring a lot of happy times for us all. Blessings to us all and good health and safety.

No comments: