I just can't believe what this day has brought on so far. I just received a call from the cops. They wanted my birthday, social, and my view of how everything happened. After I explained (in simple form LOL - you didn't know I could do that, huh? LOL) to him (officer Gonzalez) what I witnessed, then he proceeded to tell me that the suspect and HIT AND RUN DRIVER was on prescribed medication. He (the suspect) and his wife honestly do NOT BELIEVE that he was in any wrong. They are trying to blame the doctor who prescribed the meds to him, that he should not drive while on this medication. They did not know that he couldn't drive after taking the pills. The cops explained to him that he WAS in the wrong, driving while on meds, driving in school zones with his child in the car, running red lights and stop signs, and being the cause in a hit and run accident.
Officer Gonzalez did inform me that he was the motorcycle cop that pulled up behind me, at the scene of the accident, while I was talking with the victim AN HOUR AFTER IT HAPPENED (HELLLLLLOOOO!!!) He also said that the suspect looks like he is well to do (has money) and that he lived in that gated community where the cops finally were able to pull him over. It may be 6 months, or 1 to 2 years before I am contacted with a subpoena (spelling?) I asked him why it might take that long, and he said it just depends on if the suspect agrees with his wrongdoings, or rejects them. (my brain hurts and can't think of correct words right now) Since he seems to be well to do, he may fight the court and will probably go to trial. Guess we'll see, but right now I need to re write all this again for myself, with times and street names, so if it does go to trial, I will have something to rejog my memory. OH, WHAT A DAY!!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment