Tuesday, November 6, 2007

the BEST thing I ever bought

Ok, this blogging is great, but I feel I need to set up a "private" blog now, for my secret journaling. LOL Things I need to write about, just to get things off of my chest/shoulders. I really don't have anyone to *talk* to, whenever I am feeling down or stressed out. I have a few good friends, but I wouldn't consider them people that I could call at anytime of day or night. There have only been a few of those friends, in my life, and I miss them and the times we've just talked about anything and everything. Ya know?

Anyway.....

I know a lot of you don't know about Mercedes, a local DJ that we listen to almost every morning, but I totally want to be a blogger like Mercedes is. She just tells it like it is, and makes me laugh. So many things she talks about, is just like me, and it makes me feel that maybe I am not alone in many things that I think I am. (Hope you understand that). Mark and Mercedes are the local morning show DJ's on Mix 94.1 and her blogs talk about anything, from myspace freaks to recent concerts, to the way people treat her on a daily basis. She really covers everything, and makes me laugh all the time.

Enough about that, let me tell you about the GREATEST thing I ever bought. I know you all will think I am just a silly person, but really, this is the greatest thing. I wish I had a picture of this, but I don't for now. Maybe soon. Last week, Bradley and I stopped off at a local yard sale. I usually don't stop at yard sales, because I know I can't control myself at these things (sometimes). We ended up purchasing an outdoor table and swing, which I have always wanted to get, but never have. We purchased the table and swing for $40 total. Now, let me tell you why this swing is the greatest thing I've ever purchased. Not only is it something that I've always wanted, but it also allows me to spend one on one PEACEFUL time with my kids. Whenever the kids and I go camping, at the KOA camping grounds, we get a KOA camping cabin. These cabins always have the porch swings, and I've always enjoyed sitting in them and just relaxing. It helps me to think and to have a normal conversation with my kids. I've always spent time, with each child, at bedtime, but it seems that that is the only time when we have a peaceful and quiet conversation, you know, when you can really think and enjoy what's being said. I could just sit in that swing and swing all day, if I could. It also reminds me of times that I would sit on the porch with my grandma Bonnie. I miss her dearly. This swing is just something else that helps me to express my childhood memories to my kids, and have them really understand what I am talking about. Our lives can get so hectic at times, and so just taking a good 20-30 minutes a day, to just sit and swing, is VERY THERAPUTIC.

1 comment:

5littlenordstroms said...

$40 well spent. That is so nice to have a time of day like that. I need to do that more with my kids. Hey Just let it all out on the blog. I won't judge you. If you have read some of my past posts you'll find that I write often about the tough times and even though I know there might be someone who will judge me I try to just not let it bug me and pour my heart out.